Onion Crunch® Game Day Appetizers
Onion Crunch Swirls
A sheet of puff pastry
cheese (I used swiss)
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Thaw the sheet of puff pastry (it takes about 30 minutes) and roll it out just slightly.
3. Brush the pastry lightly with butter.
4. Sprinkle Onion Crunch over the pastry, leaving an inch border on the long sides.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the pastry, leaving an inch border again. Lightly salt.
Tightly roll the pastry sheet into a long roll, and then slice it into 12 slices.
Space out the swirls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet (I used an air-bake pan) and cook for about 15 minutes. Make sure it's golden and puffed.
Onion Crunch Crab Cakes
By Yuri Rivera
1 pound backfin Blue crab meat or other lump crab meat
8 saltine crackers
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
salt to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons Onion Crunch
1. Crush saltines and all other ingredients
2. add crab meat to this mixture
3. Shape Crab Cakes.
4. Let refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Heat oil in frying pan
6. Saute til brown 3-5mins
For the dressing:
1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
1/2 cup adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay™ salt and pepper to taste
I like to use this dressing on the top and botton of the crab cake.
I pair with a nice onion roll from my grocer, and piled with onion crunch!!!
Onion Crunch Turkey Burger
1. Mix it all up
2. Cook on the grill or stove
Onion Crunch Baltimore Crab Cake Sandwich
Servers 4 people
1 lbs. Jumbo lump crabmeat
¼ cup cracker crumbs made from saltine crackers, fine ground
2 tablespoons of Hellman’s Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of Deli mustard
1 teaspoons of Old Bay Seasoning
Juice of a quarter lemon
1 tablespoon snipped chives
6 turns of a pepper mill, fine ground or ¼ teaspoon of table ground pepper.
½ cup of peanut oil (optional, see below)
1 and ¼ cups of onion crunch
4 Potato Hamburger rolls, lightly toasted
4 slices of nice red beefsteak tomatoes
1 cup of shredded lettuce
½ cup of either a nice dijonaise or tartar sauce
1. Place peanut oil in a 8-10” saute pan on medium heat
2. Check Crabmeat for cartilage
3. Place all in a medium size mixing bowl (but not crabmeat and bread crumbs and 1 cup of onion crunch) and blend together.
4. Add breadcrumbs, ¼ cup onion and all of crabmeat
5. Form into 4 equal size patties
6. Dip each patty into the remainder onion crunch.
7. Shallow fry each in peanut oil until both sides are GBD (golden brown and delicious)
8. Or for a healthier version spray each cake with a little bit of Pam spray and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until GBD (golden brown and delicious)
9. Assemble each Sandwich and enjoy with more onion crunch.